Your child will receive the materials required to complete each subject, including (where applicable):
- Study guides and selected workbooks.
- Prescribed work.
- DVDs and CDs/electronic downloads with useful videos and content.
You will receive the materials and support required to facilitate your child’s learning, including:
- Comprehensive facilitator guides that contain a subject plan and suggested timetable, as well as lesson guidance and explanations.
- Access to a centralised team of education specialists, online support groups, and supplementary subject materials (available at an additional fee).
The following formal assessment components will be made available:
- Portfolio books (tests and assignments).
- Formal assessment elements including tasks, tests, and memorandums are available electronically. The examinations will be made available to the Impaq-approved invigilator. Refer to Critical Enrolment Information.
- Access to our online portal, my.impaq, to capture marks, generate reports and monitor your child’s progress.
- Access to assessment services, such as marking and portfolio management in Grade 10 – 12. Please note: Impaq marks all Grade 10 and 11 examinations and all Grade 12 assessments.
- An easy-to-use online registration process and simplified account management (tracking applications, finance queries) as well as training to use this functionality.
- Access to a large national network of tutors to supplement the learning provided at home (at an additional fee determined by the tutor).
- Administration and facilitation of FET learners (Grade 10 – 12) with the independent examination board, SACAI, and exam centre management for Grade 12 candidates.
- Grade 10 – 12 learners have the option to register for up to two additional subjects within policy requirements.
- A valid South African identity document or South African study permit is required for all Grade 12 learners.
Impaq offers the Academic (General) pathway in the FET Phase, which comprises Grade 10 to 12.This pathway requires the completion of seven subjects, of which four are compulsory and three electives. Subjects offered in the FET Phase include:
CompulsoryTwo compulsory language subjects:
- At least one home language
- A second language at home language or first additional language level
- Mathematical Literacy
- Agricultural Management Practices.
- Agricultural Sciences.
- Business Studies.
- Computer Applications Technology.
- Consumer Studies.
- Dramatic Arts (Only available in English).
- Engineering Graphics and Design.
- Hospitality Studies.
- Information Technology (Only available in English).
- Life Sciences.
- Physical Sciences.
- Religion Studies (Only available for Grade 12).
- Visual Arts.
QualificationAfter the successful completion of Grade 12, Impaq candidates will receive the National Senior Certificate (NSC).
Grade 10 – 12 Pass Requirements
|Any two other subjects||40%|
|Any three other subjects||30%|
Any two other subjects
Any three other subjects