At Impaq, we support your child’s learning journey and wish to see your child complete their academic year with Impaq. However, should you wish to return a product or cancel your registration, you may do so, subject to the below terms. This Policy applies to the products and services offered by Impaq. This Policy forms part of the Impaq Terms and Conditions and, therefore, words defined in the Terms and Conditions have the same meaning in this Policy, unless the context indicates otherwise. Nothing in this Policy is intended to limit your statutory rights in any way.
Impaq’s transactions are subject to the Electronic Communication and Transaction Act, no 25 of 2002 (hereafter referred to as the “ETA”). This Cancellation Policy uses the provisions of the ETA as a guideline in respect of all changes and cancellations. The Consumer Protection Act, no 68 of 2008 (hereafter referred to as the “CPA”) may apply to a particular cancellation, in which case Impaq complies with the provisions of the CPA.
1. Products and package types
1.1 Registration with Impaq
Learners registered with Impaq register for the use of Impaq’s online platforms and assessments, and they may or may not choose to include either e-books or printed books in their package. Assessments form the basis of the package and are always included. Printed material refers to the option to add printed books to the learner’s package, and e-books refers to a learner’s option to add books in electronic format to their package. A combination of e-books and printed books may also be added to the package.
1.2 Supplementary products
Supplementary products include, but are not limited to, Bible Education and Robotics. These subjects are distributed and sold by Impaq as a third-party distributor. Cancellation of supplementary products is subject to the below cancellation fee and may also be subject to conditions of the third-party supplier. Should a supplementary product be cancelled before the product is distributed or access to the product is granted, a full refund will be processed. If the cancellation form is received within seven (7) days after the client received access to the product and the product was returned unopened in its original packaging within fourteen (14) days, a full refund will be processed. If the package has been opened or damaged in anyway, the cancellation will be subject to the inspection and approval/rejection by the third-party supplier. Supplementary products cannot be cancelled or returned after fourteen (14) days.
E-books can be accessed only via the e-reader application, and the device used to access the e-books must meet the minimum specifications as stipulated during the online registration process. Once your learner registration application has been submitted and you have chosen to add e-books to your package, it is assumed that you have read and understood the terms and conditions applicable to the access of e-books. It remains your responsibility to ensure that your device meets the minimum specifications. E-books cannot be returned, refunded, or replaced should your device not meet the minimum specifications.
E-book access will be revoked only in accordance with the Terms and Conditions set out in Table 1 below as part of the cancellation of the learner’s registration.
E-books cannot be returned, refunded, or replaced except where e-book links or e-books themselves are defective:
- Should you experience any problems in using the link to access, open, or read the e-book, or if the e-book is defective in some other way (missing pages, incorrect book), please report the problem to us as soon as reasonably possible after you become aware of the problem, but no later than three (3) months after the purchase of the e-book, to create a support request.
- We will investigate the possible cause(s) of the problem and how to rectify it. We may need to liaise with our technical team and/or service providers to assess and rectify the problem, or issue you with a new link, or get a replacement e-book of the same title, whichever the case may be.
- If the e-book is defective, we will replace it (if such replacement is possible) or provide you with the printed version of the e-book, where possible
Please note that if you have chosen e-books but decide to add printed books to your package after the successful registration of the learner, access to your e-books will not be revoked and you will not be entitled to a refund on the e-books purchased.
2. Cancellation of a learner’s registration
A learner’s registration with Impaq may be cancelled based on the Cancellation Terms and Conditions as explained in this Policy. Learners registered with Impaq register for the use of Impaq’s online platforms and assessments, and they may or may not choose to include either e-books or printed books to their package. Cancelling a learner’s registration with Impaq entails the cancellation of access to Impaq’s online platforms and assessments, subject to the Terms and Conditions below. A person who cancels a learner’s registration may be entitled to a refund based on the conditions provided below.
2.1 The cancellation process
The table below illustrates how the cancellation process works:
- Request the relevant cancellation form.
- Complete the form and submit it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Return all lesson material (if undamaged and unused within 14 days of receipt of products). It is the client’s responsibility to return the package at their own cost.
- If the lesson material has already been used, it cannot be returned.
- Impaq will then process the request and provide feedback in line with the Policy.
- Additional invoices/refunds will be processed. The calculated fee is based on the amount that has already been paid.
- A final statement will be sent to the account holder.
Cancellation must be made in writing by completing the cancellation form and sending it via email to email@example.com. The cancellation will be processed once the cancellation form and lesson material, where applicable, have been received. If the cancellation of a debit order-linked registration is not fully processed by Impaq before the 20th of the month, another payment will be deducted. Grade 12 candidates must also complete the cancellation documentation as required by the examination board.
2.2 Cancellation terms, conditions, and fees
The cancellation fee is dependent on the date on which the client received access to Impaq’s online platforms and/or lesson material, as well as the date on which Impaq received the completed and signed cancellation form. The Cancellation Terms and Conditions in Table 1 below apply.
3. Returning products
After cancellation, it is the client’s responsibility to return all products undamaged and unused, in their original packaging, within fourteen (14) days of receiving the products. The cost of the return will be for the client. The package must be sent to Optimi’s warehouse at the following address:
113 Sovereign Drive
Route 21 Corporate Park
Clearly mark the package “RETURN”. The student number, account holder name, surname, and contact details should be marked clearly on the package. All items must be returned in order to qualify for the refund as described in Table 1.
4. Non-refundable items
The following costs are non-refundable:
- The delivery fee (where applicable).
- Additional costs relating to services and activities (e.g. assessment of practical subjects, social events, electronic lesson material, hard copy examinations), unless otherwise stated.
- External examination board registration fees and final examination fees are refundable if the cancellation is received and processed before 1 March of the academic year. Thereafter, the normal Cancellation Policy will apply. After 1 June, no refunds will be paid in respect of the external examination body registration and examination fees.
5. Cancellation due to preliminary approval
If preliminary approval was granted to a learner in the FET Phase (Grades 10 to 12) (refer to Critical Enrolment Information) and the learner did not meet the requirements to continue to the next grade, the registration may be cancelled subject to the following terms and conditions: if the cancellation is received before 15 January of the academic year, and all printed lesson material, where applicable, is returned in an undamaged and unused state, a cancellation fee of 20% will be charged. Thereafter, a 75% cancellation fee on the package price will apply, and printed lesson material cannot be returned.
Proof of the learner failing their current year and not being able to progress to the next academic year (applicable only to the FET phase) must be provided to qualify for the above cancellation.
6. Reactivation of registration
Please note that once the application has been cancelled, reactivation will not be possible, and the registration will need to be redone entirely.
7. Damaged or defective products
If any product is damaged or defective upon delivery, please notify Impaq in writing by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org within a maximum of seven (7) days of receipt of the product(s). The notification must include pictures of the damaged stock. Impaq will endeavour to replace the product as soon as possible. In the case where a replacement is not possible, the product will be refunded. Third-party products might be subject to inspection by the third party.
Failure to report damages and/or defects within seven (7) days will lead to the product(s) not being replaced.
8. Incorrect or missing stock
If any product is not included in the delivery, please notify Impaq in writing by sending an email to email@example.com within a maximum of seven (7) days of receipt of the product(s). The notification must include the delivery notification and clearly indicate the stock that has not been delivered. Further information might be requested, and it may be subject to investigation.
Failure to report missing and/or incorrect product(s) within seven (7) days will lead to the product(s) not being replaced.